CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fifty is Nifty

Well it's finally here, and I've survived. So far. Last night when I got home from work, my neighbor saw this sign on my car that my co-worker Bud put on there:



My neighbor asked if it was my birthday, and I said, "No, it's tomorrow. I'm going to be an f-word that I'm having a hard time saying." He goes, "Oh, are you going to be 40?"

I laughed and said, "No, I'm going to be fifty! But you're my new best friend!"

Now that felt really good. Everyone who finds out that I'm turning 50 today seems really surprised. I keep telling people the reason I don't lose the weight I need to, is because it's filling out my wrinkles! LOL

I was spoiled rotten today. Bill gave me his gifts this morning before work. He gave me a beautiful card and three presents. First he gave me a Willow Tree figure called Together, which is a beautiful piece with a man and woman standing together. The description is this: "Together. For those who have found their true partner in love and life." Awwwwwwww is that not the sweetest thing?!? How perfect is that!! I LOVE the Willow Tree figures. Most of them are angels, but some of them like this one, are of families and stuff. Here's a pic of it:



Isn't it beautiful?

He also gave me two monkeys that are salt and pepper shakers, they "kiss" because they have two magnets in their mouths. See them here:



Isn't that adorable?!?

He also gave me a Webkinz monkey!! It is sooo cute. I know Marie, our niece, will be jealous! I registered it online, named it Minkie and its a she. Here she is



How cute is that??

When I got to work, my co-workers had done this to my office:







Notice the grim reaper on one of them? Yeah. Funny. LOL

And about mid-morning, these were delivered to me at work:




I truly do have the sweetest husband in the world; I really do. Aren't those the most beautiful flowers?!? And they smell heavenly!! :-)

Here's a picture of all the cards I received at home, and at work.

Here's home:



Here's work. And I got two more after this was taken!!


My friend Christine took me out for lunch at Applebee's, and she gave me several nice things, one of which was a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble! I love that store. When I got back to the office, the whole building gathered in the break room, and we had cake and they sang happy birthday to me! They gave me a card (a sympathy card!) and all dressed in black to mourn the passing of my youth. That was so fun!!

Then Bill took me out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner (YUM!) and both my sons came, and my oldest son's girlfriend too, so I really appreciated having both my kids there to celebrate my birthday. I got cards from both of them, and Scott even got me a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble! My favorite!!

Then, when we got home from Outback, we had a message on our answering machine from my SIL Jennie and niece Marie, wishing me a happy birthday. That was so sweet! Marie has an August birthday, too. Leos rock!!

I also got a phone call tonight from my friend Wiley, who lives in Texas and shares my birthday, although he is six years older than I am! And my parents called, too.

All in all, it was a great day, despite turning 50!! Thanks to everyone for their good wishes!

2 comments:

Jake said...

Man...I just became your best friend (the billionaire thing) and now I'm already replaced by someone who says you're turning 40!?! Haha. Just kidding. Happy Birthday!

BandK said...

HA! Very funny, Jake. Hey I'm fickle; what can I say?!?

Just kidding. But if you do become a billionaire? You really will be my best friend. LOL