CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Busy hump day

Well, no news on the job interview front, or on the situation at work. I did talk with my friend who has a friend who used to work for the company I interviewed with, and she said they have a high turnover, and that they tend to fire people on a whim. My friend's friend said she worked there about a year and a half, and then just out of the blue, they fired her. I sure don't need that. They did it as a layoff, but she figured that since she was tight with the manager of the company, the owner was jealous of their relationship and wanted her gone. I don't want to work for a company that treats people like that. They should be careful about that, too, because they're an HR company. They shouldn't put themselves at risk for discrimination or wrongful termination lawsuits like that. It doesn't make any sense. It's hard to know whether or not it's just sour grapes on my friend's friend's part, or if its true insight into how they operate. I tend to think that it is the latter, because I kind of got that feeling myself when I was there. That would just be too insecure.

Anyway, I was really busy at work today, and that's good. Bill and I are both taking Friday off, so we are really looking forward to a 3-day weekend. Yayy!! THen we're both also taking the Friday off before Memorial Day weekend, so that will be a four-day weekend. That will really be fun, even if we don't go anywhere.

My youngest child, Scott, will be moving back in with us tomorrow. He lost his job, and is currently looking for work. I am hoping he can get on as a sub with my company. If they don't fire me first! LOL

Still waiting for airfare to come down to purchase our plane tix to Chicago, so nothing's changed there.

That's about it for now. Ta-ta!!

0 comments: