CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

Today is the first official day of spring! It actually arrived last night at like 10-something, but whatever. Today is the first FULL day of spring. Today was a nice day. It started out cloudy and then the sun came out. It warmed up to the mid to high 60s today. Supposed to be 80 this weekend! Woot! Might be fun to take a picnic to Table Mountain and see the wildflowers . . . except for the fact that there will probably be 8,290 other people with the same idea. ***sigh***

I've been lusting after a car that our neighbors have. I really like the way it looks. I have no idea what it feels like to drive or anything, but I really think it is sharp looking. Of course we have absolutely no intention of test driving it, or even going to look at it, because there is no way in hell we could purchase another vehicle. We are WAY too upside down in our current car loan, and it would be absolutely ridiculous of us to even try. But it's fun to lust after it. Besides, its a crossover vehicle (which I guess is a cross between an SUV and a station wagon?) and its sticker says the gas mileage is like 22 fwy., 15 city. Holy crap! At over $3.50 a gallon for gas? I don't think so. It's a Ford Edge, and of course has the Sync technology, which my geeky little heart adores. I do love gadgets!! But have you seen the Edge? Very sexy.

Here it is, although not in the color I'd like:


Anyway . . . our Avalon gets bad enough gas mileage; we don't need to trade it in on anything that gets worse!!

Today was our Staff Development Day, where we closed for business and all staff gathered at the local junior college campus for some training. The lunch was an awards luncheon, and I got my 10-year award -- a pen and pencil set. My boss said some really nice things about me -- yay! I really was relieved, because sometimes I get paranoid that they're going to lay me off. Hey, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they AREN'T after you. Right?!? LOL

Bill has been dealing with problems with FIL -- I say Bill has been dealing with, but really it's Jennie, since she's back there. He's trying to deal with it from a distance, and that is so hard. FIL wants to keep driving and its really not safe. FIL is FURIOUS. Ugh. God save me from ever getting old and cranky. Oh wait . . . I already am!!!

Speaking of cranky . . . we went out to lunch at Applebee's for a treat on Sunday, and it was crowded. One family was there kind of kitty-corner from where we were, but they had a small child -- looked like she was about 2 or so. Well, the child was cranky and getting tired of waiting for her food, apparently (for some reason, Applebee's service was really bad that day), so she started screeching. I don't mean constant screeching, or even fussing. About every minute or two she would let out this godawful screech -- it was so high pitched, I thought my ears were going to bleed! I swear I expected the glass in the windows to shatter. And not only would it startle you out of your skin, but it absolutely grated on your nerves. Well, my nerves anyway. Which apparently are overly sensitive, according to my husband. I do think I'm overly sensitive to noise; particularly to high pitched sounds. Some days, if I've been really bombarded with a lot of noise at work -- phones, people, conversations, etc. -- I really need to come home and have peace and quiet for awhile, or my nerves feel absolutely raw.

Anyway, I don't know how that family could stand to be so close to the source of that screech. Perhaps they're just used to it. But you know what? I've had young kids before, and they too have acted up in restaurants. And I took them outside until the food came, so that they wouldn't bother other diners. You know why? Because that is the polite thing to do. Apparently these people didn't know that. When the waitress came to take our order, she asked us what we would like. I looked at her, and said, "A pair of earplugs for the screeching child would be nice?" She just rolled her eyes. Some people have no couth. (the parents, not the waitress!).

So, okay I'm done. Tomorrow is Friday (YAY!) and I finally feel like I have a handle on my duties at work, so I won't have to go into work this weekend, like I thought I was going to have to (YAHOO!). So Bill and I are going to relax this weekend. And boy, could I use it. Seems like since we moved, it's been go go go all three weekends. Hopefully this one we can actually relax.

Have a good one!

0 comments: