CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Still just chillin'

Well, it's Day 7 of my vacation, and I am lovin' it! It's after 8:30 a.m. on Friday, and I am in my jammies and slippers, with a blanket on my lap, watching Super Password on TV and blogging! I love it. I've been fairly busy since Christmas, running errands, returning the XM radio, etc. Yesterday I took down all the Christmas decorations from the walls and the tree, and got everything packed away. This weekend, we will take the boxes back to storage. I don't quite know what we'll do with the tree. The Boy Scouts will come by and pick it up for you, but they don't do that until Jan. 5th, which is a week from tomorrow! I really don't want it cluttering up my living room for another week but I don't know what to do with it. I loved having it, but I'm tired of it being in the way, and I want to get my furniture back. But it helped a lot putting away all the Christmas stuff; it feels less cluttered.

One of the things I needed to get was an ornament storage box. The old one I had was worn out. I went to Lowe's yesterday to get one, and then I also found a great Christmas light storage thing. It has three reels inside, and then the reels zip up inside a canvas bag. In theory, at least, this should keep the lights from tangling so bad. It sure made taking the lights OFF the tree a lot easier! This may be one of those things that works better in theory than reality, but the proof will be in the pudding next Christmas! Meanwhile, its a very neat way to store the lights.

Here are some pics of it:







Cool, eh?

So today I have no plans. I may take in a movie this afternoon. I've been wanting to see "P.S. I Love You," but Bill would rather be boiled in oil rather than go see a "chick flick", so this would be a good opportunity to go. One of the problems with being on vacation when no one else is, is that there is no girlfriends to go to the movies with! Oh well.

I also want to finish my book. I have a library book that is due Jan. 2nd. It is "Creation in Death" by J.D. Robb. I had requested it from the library when it first came out a few months ago, and it was finally my turn a couple of weeks before Christmas. I saved it and didn't read it in case someone got it for me for Christmas. Well, I didn't get it, so I am now trying to get it read before I have to take it back. Since it's on a waiting list, I can't renew it. Not that it's a big difficulty making time to read it, but I hate to rush through it. This is one of my favorite series of books, and once it's read, I'll have to wait a year or so for the next one.

Well, I'm going to go get some breakfast, start some laundry, take a shower, come back and cuddle up on the couch and read! I just checked the movie times, and P.S. I Love You has it's first showing at 12:55, so I plan to catch that.

What a fun day! Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!

0 comments: