CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

2007 Share Your Loot Post

One of the blogs that I follow regularly is "Jason. For the Love of God." (Link on the right. Ya gotta read it -- she's hilarious!). The gal on there, Chick, has started a Whore your Loot event after Christmas. This is the second annual, but I just started reading her blog recently, and so this is my first year. While I really hate that word "whore" it is very funny what she has done.

She has a link to all the blogs who are "whoring their loot" from Christmas. And so here is my stuff:

My husband spoils me rotten! He had told me we should "not spend very much" on each other, as we had decided to get our kids some nice gifts. We bought both of Bill's girls digital cameras and photo printers (we had an ulterior motive -- we wanted more pictures of them and the grandson). And the only way we figured we could get pictures, was to give them cameras and printers! They don't have computers, so getting emailed photos isn't easy. Along with the printers, we got them extra ink and photo paper, so no excuses! And we got my boys $200 gift certificates to Best Buy, so they could fix up the computers we passed to them. We had a couple of desktop computers that are "old" by computer years (they're both at least 5 years old).

At any rate, I bought my husband four things, and I ended up with THIS from him!!


I felt guilty about not buying him more, but he told me what I could give him in return, and that's not publishable here! (heh heh).

So this is what I got:



I asked for and received a bluetooth headset for my cell phone, which is great. They are so small now, and fit right over the ear. You barely know it's there. You just press a button on the headset to answer the phone. Perfect now that we have these hands-free laws for driving. I love it!! Also, I love to read, and my husband bought me the latest Sue Grafton Book, "T is for Trespass." Also, I received three (count 'em THREE) gift cards to Barnes & Noble! One from hubby, one from my youngest son, and one from my best friend Christine. So now I've got $65 worth of Barnes & Noble gift cards!!! Woooohooo!! I may go into Barnes & Noble, and not come out for a WEEK! I love that place.



So I LOVE Dutch Bros. coffee, and so my husband wrapped up $50 worth of DB certificates in five separate packages. How fun!! I also got a book called "Eat, Love, Pray" that I saw on Oprah once, and he remembered that I admired it (how adorably sweet is that?!?), a book on Redneck vocabulary by Jeff Foxworthy. a blu-ray movie of "March of the Penguins" (I collect penguins, so very appropriate!). I can't wait to see that in high def!). He also got me all the CD's I asked for: the latest Feist, KT Tunstall, the two-disc Eagles CD, and the latest Alicia Keys. I can't wait to try 'em all out! (My parents also gave me the Eagles CD, but this way I can have one set for my office, and one set for my car! yay!!).





Also, my ever-lovin' husband has been wanting to get a foodsaver vacuum sealer, so that when we purchase meat in bulk, we can actually keep it in the freezer for more than a couple of weeks without it getting freezer burn. A great idea, but I didn't want it for a Christmas gift. But he bought it for me anyway, and while it is a practical gift, I was hoping for an iPhone! LOL (Just kidding, honey! That is WAY too expensive!). So I got a Foodsaver and all the accoutrements.



My sweet husband also bought me an XM radio that can be used in the car or a portable boom box thing, because he knew I'd been wanting an XM radio in the car. We had one in our Honda, and I REALLY miss the XM radio. For some reason, the Toyota Avalons don't have XM radio as an option, even though the radio is "XM ready" (whatever THAT means), and it costs $600 for the dealer to put it in after market. What part of that radio is "XM ready" baffles me, because having to pay $600 for XM radio doesn't indicate to me that much of it is "ready." Must be that button on the console that says "Satellite". That must be the "ready" part. *sigh*. Oh well.

Here's the XM Radio:


Anyway, this XM Roady portable radio won't work in my car, because the antenna has to be attached to the roof of the car with a wire running from it down through the door over the inside of the roof to the radio, and then you have to have a cassette player for this adapter thing to have it run through your current FM radio...I don't think so. It just won't work, so unfortunately, I have to take it back to the store. We'll just have to save up for the after market XM radio installation at the dealer.

I also got two Wal-Mart gift certificates that add up to $25 from my aunt & uncle, and cousin. I will probably get new kitchen towels with those. They give me those gift cards every year, and it is a good way to replace kitchen towels. After a year, they're usually starting to look a little faded.

My mom and dad gave me a beautiful tote bag from Laurel Burch. I love her design, and I love kitty stuff! Here's the bag:


They also gave me a check for $25, with which I bought a sweatshirt from Gottschalks at their after-Christmas sale yesterday. It has sparkly butterflies on it:


Also, my husband gave me a Thomas Kinkade wall calendar.

Wow! So I really scored! I gave my husband a heated travel mug for the car, a DVD of his favorite movie, "Where Eagles Dare," a sweatshirt that says "This is what the world's greatest grandpa looks like," and a Yankees license plate frame and sticker for his truck.

We are so blessed! Thank you for being a part of my "whore" your loot!

1 comments:

theotherbear said...

You got a great haul. I bought my hubby one of those food saver things this year and he loves it. I hope.