CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve!

Well, it's hard to believe that it is nearly 2008. Tomorrow is the last day of the year, and it seems like just yesterday that it was the last day of 2006! We don't have any big plans for this New Year's Eve -- just hang out at home, watch movies, and try to keep Bill awake past 9:00!

Plus, it means only two more days left of my vacation! Boo hoo! I've sure enjoyed it. I plan to just do more relaxing the next two days, because it will be awhile before I have much downtime again.

Bill and I went to a movie today -- we saw "Charlie Wilson's War." I wanted to go see it, because of Tom Hanks he's one of my favorite actors. But it turned out to be a movie about the Gulf War and the fall of communism. Bleah. It was good, and well-done, but just wasn't entertaining, the way I thought it would be. I'm really not sure what I thought it would be like; but I was bored. It was just a 2-hour political commercial on how the US turned its back on Afghanistan after the war, and how now Affhanistan is using the weapons they used to fight the Russians that we gave them, against us in the current conflict. That we were willing to spend billons on the war effort, but wouldn't spend even $1 million on rebuilding a school? That is no doubt true, and it sucks, but I didn't need to spend $6.00 apiece to hear it. Huh. We should have gone to the National Treasure movie that we debated about seeing. Oh well. Bill liked it; but he's a political junkie.

I did get the Christmas boxes taken back to storage today; that feels good to get those out of the way. But the tree is still up -- I suppose it will be until next Saturday, when we haul it out for the Boy Scouts.

Well, I need to get off here. I'm not feeling really well tonight. Something about this midlife perimenopause thing really sucks!! I'm hot, then I'm cold, and I've had THE worst "time of the month" that I've had in a long time. First it was late, and now I'm feeling almost dizzy and faint because its been so heavy. (Sorry to any of you guys who are reading!). Sometimes I envy my female friends who have had hysterectomies, because they don't have to deal with all this nonsense!

Anyway, I need to just get some rest. Hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve!!

1 comments:

rae ann said...

karen, if you haven't already, go find a natropath immediately! make it the first thing you do in 2008. i know that my midwives (who helped deliver lulu) have someone in their practice who only deals with menopausal and premenopausal women. she has oodles of tricks, treatments and tips up her sleeves that she uses to relieve women all over the city (and their partners as well, i'm sure!). do it. you never know....