CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 21, 2007

11 Days!!

I don't have to be back to work for 11 more days!!!!

I am SO excited. I am taking the rest of the year off!! Whew! It feels SOOOOO good. I so need this time off work just to rest and relax and recharge my batteries.

We had a nice day at work today. It was hard to get any work done. Lots of the departments had food, so people would wander in and out all day, munching. And of course all of it was SO good for you (NOT!). Lots of cookies, breads, candy, fudge -- all kinds of goodies. YUM!

But I did get some stuff done, mainly just getting ready for being gone for a week and a half. But you know, I actually will only be away from work for three days, because the offices will be closed next Monday and Tuesday, and the following Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping that will mean that the work won't pile up as much as if I'd been gone from work for seven actual working days. Because that's always the bummer, is coming back to work and having a crapload of work to do.

But I don't have to go back to work for 11 days (including weekends)!!!!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I got some nice gifts from people at work. A 2 lb. box of candy (like I need that, but I LOVE chocolate!), some body butter from Costco that smells SOOOO heavenly, a Dilbert desktop calendar, and some homemade blackberry jam! I also got several nice Christmas cards. Fun!

Well, I need to get off here and get to some serious relaxation! My parents are coming into town on Sunday night, and spending the night, and we will exchange gifts with them then. They will be on their way to my brother's.

Scott is moving into an apartment with some buddies on Monday! I'm very excited for him (and for us!). Mark and Candice are coming over on Christmas eve, and we plan on watching a movie and having pizza. Then Scott, Mark and Candice will come over on Christmas morning, and we'll open gifts, then have brunch before Scott goes to work. I'll probably fix bacon and eggs, and french toast or something. Fun!

Well, Bill wants to go to dinner. It's Friday, and we usually go out to eat on Fridays, which I really look forward to. I'm not sure where we'll go, probably somewhere like Denny's or something simple and relatively inexpensive.

Bye for now!

0 comments: