CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oxymorons . . .

I love words. I love books, and words and their meanings, and puns. I just saw a list of 35 top ten oxymorons, and I had to share. Before I publish the list, I have to say one of my absolute favorites is "stupid idiot." That would be, as opposed to a . . . what . . . smart idiot?!?

Well, I guess that really isn't an oxymoron -- its more like a redundency. At any rate, it's too funny!!!

SO here they are, the top 35 oxymorons.

35. State worker

34. Legally drunk

33. Exact estimate

32. Act naturally

31. Found missing

30. Resident alien

29. Genuine imitation

28. Airline Food

27. Good grief

26. Government organization

25. Sanitary landfill

24. Alone together

23. Small crowd

22. Business ethics

21. Soft rock

20. Butt Head

19. Military Intelligence

18. Sweet sorrow

17. Rural Metro (ambulance service)

16. "Now, then ..."

15. Passive aggression

14. Clearly misunderstood

13. Peace force

12. Extinct Life

11. Plastic glasses

10. Terribly pleased

9. Computer security

8. Political science

7. Tight slacks

6. Definite maybe

5. Pretty ugly

4. Rap music

3. Working vacation

2. Religious tolerance

And the number one top Oxymoron.... 1. Microsoft Works

Enjoy your Friday tomorrow!! For me, it's the last day of work this year!! Yiipeeeee!!!

0 comments: