CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 02, 2007

There is a troll that lives inside the smoke alarm . . .

What perverse nature of batteries in smoke alarms cause them to always go out at the most inconvenient time? I swear I don't remember a time when the smoke alarm battery DIDN'T go bad in the middle of the night!

Well, here it is, 10:30 on a Friday evening, and I am just getting ready to go to bed. Bill's been in bed for a couple of hours -- he's a morning person, and I'm a night person. Normally during the week we go to bed at the same time, but on weekends I like to stay up late, and he just can't do it. Anyway, about half an hour after Bill went to sleep, that *&#*( smoke alarm started chirping. SO annoying.

I thought at first it was the one in the hallway, so I dragged a chair over, pulled it down and changed its battery. It was beeping so intermittently that I didn't wait to make sure; I just thought it SOUNDED like that one. Well, after I changed the battery, climbed down from the chair and dragged it back into the dining room, I heard it again. Auugh. I went into the spare room, and stood there until I heard the chirping again (and I heard it every few seconds in the living room; then I'm standing there listening for the sound, and the stinkin' thing wouldn't chirp!). I swear there's a poltergeist or a troll in there, cackling madly, watching me dance to its chirpy little tune. ARG!!

Anyway, I finally figure out that the one that is chirping is in the master bedroom. And Bill is managing to sleep through it. I know for a fact that I will never get to sleep with that damn thing chirping just as I'm drifting off . . . . So the only way I will get any sleep, is to open the door and change the stupid battery. Which means waking Bill up. Then he'll feel obligated to get up and do it for me. But then I'll feel bad for not only disturbing his sleep, but making him get up and move around. But I have to do it, because I won't be able to sleep at all with the thing chirping all night. So here I am, blogging, because I don't want to deal with the chirping smoke alarm. How this six-inch circle of chirping plastic got the best of me, I'll never know. You know, I think I hear it chuckling, even from here . . . Maybe I'll just sleep on the couch tonight. **sigh**

So I heard this really b-a-a-a-a-a-a-d joke today. You know how I like puns -- well, this is a new one even I hadn't heard. And it is SO bad, that I think I will tell it to the troll living in the smoke alarm, because maybe it will stop torturing me with that chirping if I tell it the joke. Anyway, here's the joke. And oh it is BAD. So forewared is forearmed.

Question: Why shouldn't you kiss a canary?

Answer: Because he might give you chirpies. And we all know that it is a canareal disease and is untweetable.

Oh man that is so bad it hurts!! On that note, I will sign off and go deal with the stupid smoke alarm. Wish me luck!

0 comments: