CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Diagnosis

OMG I am going to KILL blogger. Or the internet. Or whoever's fault it was that the big long post I just typed DIDN'T POST!!!!! It did one of those !@#$%^& "Internet Explorer was unable to display the webpage" things. ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

ANYway . . . as I was saying . . .

So, I didn't go to work yesterday, because I woke up yesterday morning really sick, and I figured I shouldn't go in. I felt really bad, because I already have a scheduled day off today, and it looks really bad when you call in sick the day before. But it was obvious that I was really sick when I called in. It's a good thing I didn't go in, because I went to prompt care (my primary care dr. didn't have any openings) and I had a temperature of 101! That means that I am contagious, so they wouldn't have wanted me at work, either. Turns out I have a virus AND a bacterial infection! Gre-e-e-at. I have a rhinovirus (the cold) and bronchitis. I feel like I'm hacking up a lung every time I cough, and I'm wheezing and my nose is about to fall off it's so sore from all the blowing. I even bought those lotion kleenex!! Oh well. They gave me some antibiotics and an inhaler for the wheezing.

I've got family coming in to town tonight, and a long list of things to do today, and I know I don't feel well enough to do all of them; maybe half of them. I will have to rest frequently. I already warned everyone that my house won't be spotless. They're okay with that, but it still embarasses me. I had such big plans for today . . . **sigh**. So frustrating. But I will at least get the errands run, because that is important. Then I will do what I can around here.

But if that's the worst thing that happens to me, I can deal with it. It can always be worse. For instance, my friend Kimberly has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She will be having a double mastectomy on Dec. 4th and then will begin chemo. Eventually she will have reconstructive surgery. She must be so scared. Fortunately, she has a really wonderful, supportive network of friends, relatives and her husband, so she will have lots of support as she goes through this difficult time. For me, the scariest thing would be the chemo. I've heard some awful things about that. But if it means beating cancer, you just deal. Fortunately they have drugs to help with things like nausea. Please pray for my friend as she goes through this difficult time.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and a very happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Now, I'm going to copy this post before I hit "Publish Post," in case it disappears again . . . grrrrrrr.

0 comments: