CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 15, 2007

A promotion for me!

Well, this has been a stressful couple of weeks at work, because there have been lots of changes going on, and also I have been heavily involved in planning our annual Staff Development Day, an all-day training that takes a lot of time and patience. Unfortunately, this year hasn't gone as smoothly as in years past, and there have been lots of changes and switching of people, classrooms and seminars, which has been difficult and has been causing friction in the ranks. Always a stressful thing, because I cannot stand upset of any kind. I need my world to be calm and peaceful and without conflict, but since life is rarely like that, conflict is occasionally unavoidable. But it always stresses me out.

But the good news is, that due to some personnel changes, I have been given a promotion at work!! I am very excited about it. I am moving away from the human resources department and have been given a senior management position in the administration end of the organization. My official title will be Outreach Administrator/Senior Safety Officer. I will be taking over some of the duties of our development director, who left today for greener pastures. Additionally, I will still be doing the safety and worker's comp work, as well. I'm still not sure what all my new position entails, but that is all being worked out. I will have a new office in the same building and new, more responsible job duties. And a modest salary increase, to boot! That's always a nice thing. It has our department in a tizzy, because the changes affect our department the most, and it is often upsetting not to know what is going to happen next, and what the final outcome of the division of labor in the HR department will be.

Well, I am off to bed. I'm very tired after an extremely stressful day. The good news is that our wonderful weather is continuing. Even though I often need a sweater in the mornings (it is in the low 50s when I go to work), I dress in layers because by noon, it is nearly 80 degrees -- and sometimes just over 80!! Wow -- what a March! That will probably mean that April and May will be rainy! Oh well. We're just enjoying it

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone!!

1 comments:

Growininwillows said...

Congrats to you....You have been there for some time, good to be appreciated and get moved up in the ranks!