CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Boys and their toys . . .

Okay well, I guess we all have our vices! Mine is books -- I could read and read and read and be happy. Bill and I both have techie vices too -- we each like the latest and greatest technology toy. Well, after buying our flat panel TV and blu-ray player, there isn't a whole lot left.

Except for video games!!

We got our reward zone certificates in the mail from when we bought our TV and blu-ray player, and put them towards a new Xbox 360 video game system! It is very cool, especially on our big hi-def TV.We bought four games to go with it. I'm not into the blood-and-guts shoot-'em-up bang-bang games (OMG have you seen some of those?!? The gore in them is unbelievable!). The system came with an NFL game (Madden 07 or some such). Bill also bought the MLB 2K6 game and some war game, and I just like the simple, non-violent games (labeled "kid" games LOL). I got Cars (based on the movie) and a Lego Star Wars. Its funny, when you "blow up" another character, since they are Lego, they just fall apart and then put themselves back together. Too funny!! I am hoping that eventually they will bring back games like Donkey Kong and Frogger. And Mario Brothers. I like those.

Today is another lazy Sunday. We just finished breakfast and Bill is trying to figure out the NFL game. Yesterday was busy, as Bill worked some OT and I cleaned up around here, did some laundry and ran some errands, including going to Costco and grocery shopping. Bill is considering watching the Daytona 500, which kicks off the Nascar season. It's not so exciting for him now that Kodak isn't sponsoring a car. Oh well.

Well, those dishes aren't doing themselves, so I guess I should get going. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! WTC doesn't have tomorrow off as a holiday, but Bill does, the lucky duck! So those of you who have tomorrow off, think of me as I slave away at my desk tomorrow! Do you feel sorry for me?!? LOL

0 comments: