CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Alicia's baby shower

We've had a fun weekend so far. It's Sunday morning, and I'm blogging after sleeping in on a lovely Sunday morning. Yeah I know, the time stamp on my post will show its not even 8:00 a.m. yet, but hey, when you normally get up at 5:30 a.m. during the week, this IS sleeping in!! Geesh, guess I'm getting old, eh?!? LOL

Started our Friday evening with the decision to go out to dinner. Always a treat, because there's no cooking and cleaning involved! Just lovely sitting with someone waiting on you hand and foot, catering to your every need. See?? I knew it -- I must have royal blood in me somewhere. I even have that royal wave down (cup the hand, move it side to side . . . .) Yeah right. HA!! But I digress. We ended up at Outback, and it didn't look too crowded -- until we got inside and they said we had an hour wait!! An hour! On a Friday night! At 6:00!! YIKES! But it was fun because I saw Judy and her husband Ken (my ex -sister-in-law) and my (ex) nephew Nick and his daughter. It was fun to chat with them and catch up. And as always, the food was delicious!! I love their rib eye steak.

ANYway, got up Saturday morning to go to Alicia's baby shower. When I looked at the invitation to get directions, I realized (belatedly) that it was a potluck!!! OOPS! No time to make anything! So I ran to Raley's and got macaroni salad and some french bread and spreadable butter. Yummy!! Hey, I could make a meal out of that! Then I drove to Willows for the shower at 11:00 a.m. It was really fun, because I got to see her new house (which is beautiful -- if I were going to pick out a house, that is exactly what I'd have). Then I got to meet lots of her friends and family, and most of them have blogs, and it was so cool to see all the familiar faces that I'd been used to seeing online in their blogs! Especially her sister-in-law and nephews -- the Two Tootlepops! Very fun. We played games and ate ourselves silly. I even won a game and got a neat prize of some nice-smelling liquid soap and a candle. Fun!! Of course, Alicia got a lot of nice gifts, too. All-in-all, it was a nice, just-us-girls afternoon. It will be fun to see everyone's posts about the shower in their blogs!

Here are some pics:

The gals at the shower, including the Two Tootlepops:













Alicia's "loot" :













Diaper Cake:


















Alicia and Nellie, her mother-in-law:



















The goodies:













Playing games:













Alicia opening gifts:





0 comments: