CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Class of 76 Reunion, El Dorado High, Placerville, CA

Bill and I attended my 30th High School reunion yesterday (Sat. the 16th). It was really fun and I enjoyed myself a lot. Only a few of my friends went, but it was worth it to be able to see them. One of my friends, Preston, came all the way from Oklahoma. I hadn't seen him since high school and so it was great to see him again. I also saw my friends Ray, Peggy and Mary, but my friends Bruce and Cindy didn't go, which was disappointing.

And yes, our famous classmate, Thomas Kinkade, attended the reunion. It was great to see him again. I spoke with him and shook his hand, and I think he remembered me. I reminded him we had Mr. Purdy's 12th grade English together. I introduced him to Bill, and Bill got to shake his hand. It was cool meeting someone famous! He seemed like his old self, and not the rather pompous one I've seen on TV. I was glad to see that. His wife, Nanette, was there, too -- she graduated from the same high school, but she was a year behind us.

What I want to know is, how did all those people get so old?!? Here's some pics:

Here's Karen, Peggy and Mary:













Here is Carl (Peggy's husband), Peggy. Mary and Ray














Brian Veerkamp introducing the program














Tom Kinkade (left) chatting with a classmate

2 comments:

Growininwillows said...

Hi Karen,

sounds like you had a blast at your reunion....didn't know you went to school with Thomas Kinkade...just knew you liked his art...WOW. That is pretty cool. Great pics!

BandK said...

Thanks! Yep that is my claim to fame. Its cool that he comes to the reunion and just acts like a regular guy. He and his wife are very nice people.

Let's do lunch soon! :-)