CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Birthday monkeys . . .

On Wednesday, it was my co-worker, Tracey's birthday, and our boss, Bud, bought a whole bunch of blow-up monkeys from Oriental Trading and put them in her office! Monkeys are kind of the office mascot. Its a long story; ask me and I'll tell you sometime when I have an hour or three. It helps if you are familiar with Pink Panther movies (the real ones with Peter Sellers, not the cheap imitation like the one with Steve Martin. I like Steve Martin, but geez! Its Pink Panther -- that's sacrilege! Peter Sellers a.k.a. Inspector Clouseau, would be having a rit of fealous jage, so to speak.)That's like having anyone other than Peter Boyle playing the Monster on Young Frankenstein . . . some things are just NOT done!!! (" . . . I put a special hamper in the bathroom just for your shirts, and the other one is just for socks and poopoo undies.") Ah, Mel Brooks is truly one-of-a-kind. But that's for another rant, and I digress...

ANYway, since it was Tracey's birthday, and "minkees" (another Clouseau-ism) are our mascot, we filled her office with -- you got it -- minkees. Here's a picture:

0 comments: