CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do!

What a way to start out a new month. Actually didn't have a bad day yesterday (Saturday the 1st). I got up, cleaned house, washed and waxed the kitchen floor (yuck, it was gross!). Bill did laundry, etc. I vacuumed the carpeting, and so forth. I really should have gone in to work, as I am in charge of this ginormous fundraiser at work, and I have a lot to do still. It's amazing how much I can get done when no one else is around! heh

But this morning, I woke up with one of my migraines. Now, I really can't complain too much, because my migraines are relatively mild. I don't get them for days and days like some people. I don't have an aversion to light or sound or anything like that. What usually happens, is I wake up with this excruciating headache and I am nauseous. That is how I know it is different than a regular headache, is the nausea. Usually, I toss my cookies once, and then I know it's okay to take my Vicodin. So I took my vicodin about 8:00am or so, and then laid back down and slept. Usually I sleep four hours, wake up and the migraine is gone. Then I just take it easy the rest of the day because if I do too much, the migraine comes back. Plus I usually am really groggy the rest of the day from the vicodin. I still feel it lurking a little bit behind my eyes, but generally I'm much better now.

I feel very thankful that my migraines are few and far between, and mild. Mine are usually triggered by stress. When Bill's mom passed away a couple of years ago, I got one on the day of the funeral, and I had to stay home from the funeral. When everyone got back home I was fine. I'm sure that some people thought I'd faked it to avoid the funeral, but not so. That's just the pattern of my migraines. I guess if I have to have migraines, I'm lucky that's all they are. At least I don't have to avoid chocolate or wine, two foods that often trigger a migraine. I mean, who could live without chocolate or wine?!? Pure torture. LOL

Anyway, I'm so glad I got this on a weekend, too. I cannot afford to be sick or anything until the fundraiser is over -- and that won't be until a week from next Thursday. Then I can fall apart! LOL

Anyway, hope everyone had a better weekend than I did. :-)

0 comments: