CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Long time, no blog!!

Wow, sorry for the long absence from posting! I've gotten some gentle reminders from a couple of people that I've been long absent from blogland. There's a lot of reasons for that; one being that not much interesting has been happening here, and I've been super busy at work. Plus our internet has been down for several days.

Our organization is a nonprofit organization that is accredited, kind of like a school or hospital would be. Our accreditation review happens every three years, and this is our accreditation year. We've been incredibly busy getting ready for that, so I have been coming home exhausted and too tired to blog. I have been working 10 hour days and weekends, too. Our review happened last week, and it went well. We expect to get another 3-year accreditation (the most you can get is a 3-year).

Our weather here has been incredible the past few days. It has been in the 70s and maybe low 80s, and down in to the 50s at night. Beautiful! We've been loving it.
And of course tomorrow is the first day of autumn, so naturally Indian summer has to have one last hurrah, and our temps are going to get back up into the 90s again next week. Humph.

Another thing I haven't blogged about, is the possibility that I will take over as HR Director when our current director (Bud) retires at the end of this year. In fact, Carl, our executive director, had already told me that I would be taking over that position on Oct. 1st, but someone on the board's personnel committee got a bee in their bonnet (underwear in a wad) about that, and so I had to submit a "letter of interest" and submit to an interview with Carl and two of the personnel committee members. I wasn't very happy about that; it's like they yanked away my promotion right out of my hands! I don't know what's up about that, but the only thing I can think of is that someone or some people don't think I'm qualified to take over, and they want to interview me. Phooey. One of the members of the personnel committee has been working on a project in one of our empty offices over the past couple of weeks; maybe she's overheard some things, and thinks I've not been behaving professionally or something; who knows. It's the only thing I can think of, because she's always been really friendly to me, but recently she's been acting funny around me. **sigh** My interview is Tuesday; I'll let you know how it goes.

And for our internet problems, we've had to replace our dsl modem and our wireless router. Bill spent a great deal of time on the phone with tech support (oh, that's a joy all in itself -- NOT). And after we got our modem, spent most of the weekend trying to figure out why the wireless wasn't working after the new modem was installed. Finally, we replaced the router and voila! Working internet. Phew!! What a pain in the patootie.

Anyway, hopefully things will lighten up at work, and hopefully I will get my (well-deserved) promotion, but unfortunately even if I get the job, I'm sure it won't involve a raise and I won't be starting Oct. 1st as planned, but mid-November after our major fundraiser, the Turkey Dinner. Phooey again. I was looking forward to starting sooner. Oh well.

Anyway, that's what we've been up to! Sorry for the long absence; I just hope I have some readers left!!

2 comments:

Jake said...

Well you have at least one lol. My grandparents still don't have their internet, phone, or tv set up yet in their new house. Being their today with no internet was exhausting. The internet is my life. Several days? I wouldn't be able to do it.

BandK said...

Thanks, Jake! Glad someone's reading!! :-)

And yes, it is hard to be w/o internet for so long. I didn't realize how much I used it every day until I didn't have it!!