CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 04, 2008

My bags are packed . . .

I'm ready to go. So, let's play Name That Tune. And if you can name it? And the group that sang it? (And I mean the original mind you; not any remake) Then you are really old. Like me! Heh

Hint: The group was Jefferson Airplane. Before they were Starship. LONG before. When Grace Slick was the lead singer. I can hear all the under-40s going, "Who?!?"

The song? "Leaving On A Jet Plane." And that will be me on Wednesday. I'm packed and ready to go tonight, because I'm going to the airport tomorrow right after work. I'm driving down and staying in a hotel near the airport, because my plane leaves at 7am. Which means I should be in line at the airport by 5:30 at the latest. That's A.M. by the way. Yikes! Rather than drive down at 3am Wednesday morning, I'm driving down right after work, hopefully to get there before it gets dark. I'm sure I'll be hitting rush hour traffic, which is a bummer. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I won't have access to internet while I'm there, so I doubt I will be taking my laptop. And of course that means I can't blog. Damn. There goes the Blog 360 thing.

Well, I went to the doctor today for my cold/sinus/cough thing, because I am getting on a plane tomorrow and going out of state I wanted to be sure I had everything I need. I have an HMO health insurance, and trying to get treatment out of state is, well, nearly impossible. It would just get ugly. Probably have to pay up front, then get reimbursed -- no thanks.

At any rate, the doctor says I have a sinus infection. And an upper respiratory infection. She gave me antibiotics, nasal spray, cough medicine, and a refill on my migraine meds. There's something about traveling and a strange bed that seems to trigger them. I don't want to go unprepared!! Between that and my regular meds, I'm a regular traveling pharmacy! Oh, and EarPlanes (ear plugs) for my ears in case I'm still really stuffy on Wednesday.

Anyway, I'm tired and I don't feel good. G'night. I'll post again tomorrow.

1 comments:

Easy Recipes said...

Hope you have a great time and feel better!

Love,

Jennie