CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 08, 2008

Another beautiful day

Today is a beautiful, sunny day today in Arkansas. Last night we had a nice visit with my aunt and uncle, and my second cousin and her husband and family came out to the farm and we visited with them. It was really nice.

Today, we are just at the library checking email again (yeah I know I'm addicted, but truly the reason I need to check every day, is because if I don't, I end up with 250 emails in my box, and it takes forever to get through it! I get SO much junk in my inbox. Anyway, while I was at the library checking email, I thought I'd take the opportunity to post again.

This afternoon, we are going to go over to my Dad's cousin Jack's house. He and his wife Louise live here in Waldron. Now, Jack would be my first cousin, once removed, I believe. Anyway, Jack is older than my dad -- and my dad just turned 79 yesterday. I think Jack is 81 or so, and not in the best of health. Not sure what we've got planned this evening; just a quiet evening at home, I think. Not a whole lot to do here!

Tomorrow we're driving to Ft. Smith (or a little town near there) to have lunch at Cracker Barrel with my cousin Brenda (first cousin) and my dad's other brother and his wife (uncle and aunt). Then back to Waldron to attend the fundraising banquet for the Boys & Girls Club. I hope it's not too boring!

I've got to find a computer somewhere to check in online tomorrow at 5:45 pm. The library won't be open then. Mom and Dad are checking with some of their neighbors and friends to see if I could come over for a few minutes to do that tomorrow night. My flight leaves Tulsa at 5:45pm on Sunday, and you're allowed to check in online 24 hours in advance. The sooner you check in, the better my chances are for a good seat, because my place in line will be close to the front. I'm crossing my fingers that we can find someone! My cousin Kim and her family live here, but they won't be home at 5;45; Kimberly is very involved in putting on this banquet thing. We'll see what we can figure out.

We'll probably leave at noon in Sunday in order to get there in time for me to catch my flight. We'll get into Sacramento about 9pm, which will be 11pm my body's time, since we're 2 hours later out here. This means I probably won't be home until 11pm Pacific time, which will be 2am my body's time. I'm going to need a LOT of coffee Monday morning.

Anyway, we need to get going now. TTFN!

0 comments: