CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Painful Truth . . .

Well, I submitted my blog to one of those blog reviewing sites, but not without trepidation! I knew they liked very "edgy" blogs, and they despite and detest cutesy, commercially, boring blah blah blah blogs. But I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because, well, I submitted it. So I really have no one to blame but myself. The site is Ask And You Shall Receive. Oh, and by the way? If anyone knows how to make the links show up as links, let me know? Right now you have to mouse over it to know it's a link, and that's just no good. My old template used to change the color of the text so you'd know, but this one? You just have to guess. And just so you know, the Ask And You Shall Receive is a link. Both this one, and the one up there a few sentences ago. Mouse over it, and you'll see.

They gave my blog a "Meh" rating.



The rating means: "We meant to rate you, really we did, but we fell asleep reading your sh*t. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. snore."

Ouch!

Could have been worse, though. It wasn't the worst rating. At least they didn't tell me to f***ing die. Seriously. That's one of the ratings. It even has a big giant finger on the icon. Yeah. It's like that.

So they were bored? That's okay. They didn't call me names or use bad words. Always a plus in my book!

But I should have known not to submit my "boring" blog to a website who's url is: http://iwillf***ingtearyouapart.blotspot.com.

Yeah, that probably should have been my first clue! Heh It really is called that. Without the stars. Of course. This is a family blog, after all.

But actually? They had some really good, if painful, suggestions. Apparently? I'm putting myself out there too much. On the other hand, I don't get personal enough on my blogs. And I put too much regurgitated spam on there. And the ads for making money while blogging are a huge no-no. *sigh*

So now I have to erase all known personal info from here (I realize I'm pretty naive 'cuz I figure why would anyone want to stalk me? But then if they're crazy enough to stalk, they're crazy enough not to have a lot of, well, common sense and such.) So. There ya go.

I'm going to take my "Meh" blog and retreat into a corner and lick my wounds. Then I'll make some changes. Can't get *too* personal on here because well, you know, relatives read it and all that. Can't be dissing the fam, now. LOL

At any rate, there it is.

4 comments:

Easy Recipes said...

Wow - that was brutal. You have to be thick skinned to submit a blog to him. But he did give some great tips! Regardless - I like your blog!

Love Bites said...

Here's some praise: you took it like a big girl. ;)

BandK said...

LOL At my age, I just pull up my big girl panties and deal with it!

Love Bites said...

BY the way, I AM A SHE. ;) I have big girl panties, too. And sometimes, I even wear them.