CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Subway is stoooopid

Okay now here's the deal: I went to Subway today, because 1) I love their sandwich of the day on Wednesdays -- the Subway Club, and 2) The Subway was right next door to the AT&T Wireless Store, where I had to go to buy another charger for my cell phone. But that's another story, which I'll get to later.

So, I go into Subway at about 11:45 in the morning. The air is redolent with the smell of freshly baked bread. The lunch rush is due to start in about 15 minutes, and they were obviously getting prepared. I go up to the counter to place my order, and you can see racks and racks of fresh bread. I am salivating at this point, getting ready for my Subway club on sourdough. I mean, face it -- the ONLY kind of bread to have with a club is sourdough . . . am I right???

Anyway, I tell the gal behind the counter that I would like a 6" Subway club on sourdough, please. And what does she say?? "Oh, we're out of sourdough."

WTF???

I looked askance at her (okay, if looks could have killed, she would be dead, but who's really counting?!?) and said, "You're f--- ...uh... kidding me." I looked pointedly at the fresh baked bread cooling on the racks. "No, we don't have any," she says, giving me the look people usually reserve for the slow and particularly dense.

Idiots.

I, for one, am dumbfounded. Subway. Doesn't. Have. Any. Sourdough. Bread. At 11:45 in the morning. Which means they've been open for -- oh, long enough for them to bake 25 thousand loaves of bread, none of which, apparently, are sourdough. Did I mention this was prior to the lunch rush?? I mean, helloooo??? Subway not having sourdough, is like the Colonel not having chicken breasts. Geesh!! What is WRONG with the world today? Does getting paid minimum wage mean, "I have no brain, and cannot remember to bake sourdough bread before lunch rush"? Perhaps they just forgot to order a can of sourdough dough, or whatever they use,and they ran out. Which also means they are stooooopid if they can't remember to stock something as basic as -- oh, I dunno -- sourdough bread stuff?!?!?

So I had my sandwich on "Italian" (read: gross white bread) and it just wasn't the same. I couldn't even finish my sandwich -- it was just wrong!!

This particular Subway is famous for being run by idiots. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in there for lunch, and they're out of diet coke. Did they not know the lunch rush was coming? Obviously their order person has some kind of brain disease. Mad cow, perhaps? Early onset Alzheimers?!? Of course, I keep going back, so . . . maybe I am the stooopid one. ***sigh***

My kingdom for a well-run restaurant with common sense people who know how to think ahead and place supply orders so they won't run out of stuff. Yeah, and maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt. I'm guessing that I expect too much out of a fast-food restaurant.

I'm just sayin'.

So, that was my day. 'Nuff said.

1 comments:

BandK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.