CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 02, 2007

Services and such . . .

Today was Jo's service. They held the service at the funeral home, then had a graveside service, and then everyone went to Nancy and Paul's for a reception. That is where everyone is now, and I am still at Jennie's. Believe it or not, I woke up with a migraine this morning at 4am. I tried to sleep it off, but I got up at 5:30 am and ate a piece of bread and took four ibuprofen and went back to bed, hoping to kick it. That didn't work, and I was up again at 6:30 nauseated and sick to my stomach. That's when I knew it had gone into a full-blown migraine. Fortunately, Jennie's husband Rick had some Vicodan and saved the day. Unfortunately it meant I couldn't participate in today's events, and I felt really bad about that. I couldn't be there for Bill, but the altnerative was going to the services and puking all over, and that definitely is worse than not being there! Fortunately, he was very understanding and encouraged me to stay home. The only way to beat a migraine for me, is to take a Vicodan, and sleep for about four hours. And that's exactly what I did.

I woke up about 20 minutes ago, pain-free and hungry, which is a good sign. I had a caffeinated diet coke (which helps) and a half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's about 12:30 pm here, and I took the Vicodan about 7:30. If I bend over or move my head too fast, I can still feel it lurking in the background, so I know I have to take it easy. I will probably go lie down again after I'm through here.

Yesterday was the viewing, from 2pm to 8pm, and we were there the whole time. They didn't have any caffeinated soda there, so I didn't get much caffeine yesterday, and that is probably one of the things that triggered my migraine. That and I slept wrong on the pillows last night and hurt my neck, and that will contribute, as well.

We went into Chicago on Saturday and spent the night at the Hilton where we had prepaid for a room through Hot Wire before we knew we were going to have to change our travel plans. We figured that we might as well use the room - we didn't want our $69 to go to waste, and it would be a nice break from the difficult week we had. O'Hare is maybe 50 minutes from here (depending on traffic), so we drove in on Saturday morning, took the train into Chicago from the hotel, and spent the afternoon at Navy Pier. It was a fun afternoon. Then a nice dinner out and slept in the heavenly beds at the Hilton. They are so comfy. Then the next morning we got up and drove back to Jennie's about 11am. I have pictures which I will post when we get back.

Our flight leaves tomorrow morning at 11:35 and gets into Chico about 5:15. It will be nice to be home.

0 comments: