CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

New 'do . . . and other news

Well, its Tuesday early afternoon, and I am home fighting a migraine. I woke up with it this morning, but I doggedly persevered, trying to get ready for work and chanting to myself, "I will NOT throw up" but alas, that didn't work. I tried to nibble on a cracker and promptly got sick. Well, most of you are thinking "TMI !!!" Sorry -- hope that doesn't gross anyone out!!

Anyway, I felt a little better after (even though my head was still screaming), and ate a couple of crackers so that I could take my Vicodin, I called in sick to work and fell back into bed. After I felt the Vicodin kick in, I fell into a deep sleep and slept until 10:00. Vicodin is a wonderful thing!! I got up, ate some soup and drank some diet Pepsi (I need the caffeine, or I will get a caffeine headache on top of my migraine) and have been resting all morning. I have found that if I move around much, the migraine threatens to come back, so I have been just taking it easy. Me and the laptop, lying in bed, trying to remain pain-free. When I'm done here, I plan on taking a nap, as I tire easily. I should be back to "normal" (as normal as I get!!) and back and work tomorrow. I hate being sick!! I especially hate having migraines.

Yesterday I had an appointment at the hairdresser for a weave (my gray was starting to show!!) and haircut and wax -- the works! She used a little different color on it -- it is a warm red rather than a cool red she had been using as a base, and I really like it a lot! She and I discussed a new hairstyle I was wanting to try, and she said "Go for it!" so I did, and now I have a cute new layered haircut!! Bill LOVES it -- he kept looking at me when I got home and telling me how beautiful I look. What a relief, because I was worried it wouldn't look good. I had him take pictures of me with the new 'do for the blog, but the pictures don't do it justice. But here they are, anyway:







Let me know what you think! I had been looking forward to going to work today to see what everyone thinks. I hope I don't get any of those comments like, "Oh, you got your hair cut!" and then they walk away. You're left standing there thinking, "Is that a compliment, or not?!?" YIKES! LOL

Other news, my friend Alicia and her husband had their baby! There is a quick notification posted on her blog (link to the right)along with a pic. I assume he was born sometime today or maybe early this morning. He is SO cute. I can't wait to see him!

Here is an excercise in frustration -- last weekend, I upgraded our Norton Anti-Virus to the 2007 version, and also bought the Norton Confidential, which protects passwords and protects you from fraud on the internet. It has fraud monitoring, and ensures that any websites you surf to are legitimate and don't come with a bunch of spyware, key loggers or any other troublesome code. This is a really good thing, but now, despite being on DSL, I am surfing the net very s-l-o-w-l-y. I'm sure this is because any website I go to is being "fitered" with the fraud monitoring. And as I'm typing this blog, I am getting several words ahead before they appear. I feel sort of like I'm on a four-second delay, kind of like the Superbowl ads, in order to avoid any "wardrobe malfunctions." I guess this is to protect me from any "internet malfunctions." Its very frustrating, to say the least!!! I feel safe, but I also want to climb the walls while I wait for postings to post, typing to appear, or websites to load! ARG!!! There's gotta be a better way.

Now much else is new news! Bill's mom is still in the hospital, but hopefully she will be coming home soon.

I need to go to sleep. Hope everyone is feeling better than I am!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - the haircut looks great. I cut mine all off this week too - my gift to me for turning 40. I send a pic when I take one.

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes and flowers!

Lover, Jennie

Anonymous said...

Ooops - meant love,Jennie - not lover jennie -it's early!