CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thanksgiving is coming . . .

Well, not a lot to blog about but thought I'd leave a few thoughts. It's Saturday morning, nearly 9:00 a.m. and the house is quiet. Bill is still upstairs and the boys aren't home. Its very peaceful -- I really enjoy times like this.

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. We will be going to my parent's house in Etna for Thursday and Friday. Mark and Scott will be coming with us, as will Scott's girlfriend Lindsey. It should be a nice time. I have taken all next week off work -- yay me! I am so excited. I am going to be making a couple of homemade apple pies for Thanksgiving. Probably also get some stuff done around the house, and also take some time to relax and read. I am really looking forward to the time off.

I got to have lunch with some old friends last week, and that was fun! My friends Alicia and Corky and I met for lunch at Tortilla Flats on Thursday. A couple of their friends from Ray Morgan -- Angie and Jamie -- came, too, and we ladies had a nice lunch!

Tonight my friend Christine and I are going to the shopping event at the Chico Mall. Its a ticket-only event that benefits nonprofit organizations (such as WTC) and should be fun. Lots of good sales going on and prizes and stuff. Hopefully the mall won't be so crowded, since you have to have a ticket to get in. Tickets cost $5 and can be purchased at the door. Its from 7:00 to 10:00 tonight. Should be fun!

Since this is Thanksgiving Week, I thought I'd list things I am thankful for this week:

1) My wonderful husband
2) Family (immediate and extended)
3) Getting an email from an old friend whom I thought I'd lost forever.
4) Blessed with good health
5) Blessed with good friends
6) A roof over our heads and food for our tummies
7) A week's vacation and only having to use 3 vacation days to get it!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll take pics in Etna and post them when we get back.

0 comments: