CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vacation time!!

Well, we had a really nice weekend. Why? Because our neighbors were gone!!! It was soooo nice and quiet. The problem is, they just walked in and it reminds me of how noisy it is having someone walking on my head! The nice thing about them being gone is it is such a wonderful relief. The bad thing is that it is sooo hard to get used to again. I can hear them clomping around already. *sigh*

But we did have a nice weekend. Especially because I don't have to be back at work until the 24th!! Woot!! Bill and I are taking off for Chicago early Tuesday morning (I mean EARLY!). Our flight leaves at 12:15 a.m. That's AM, like a quarter after midnight! Whew! Scott will be staying at the apartment and keeping and eye on things while we're gone. We'll be back on Sunday afternoon. Bill doesn't have tomorrow off work, but I went ahead and took tomorrow off so I could get everything ready for the trip.

In preparation for being gone, this weekend I did laundry and cleaned house. I always clean house right before we're going to be gone, because I like coming back to a clean house. Well, Scott will be here, so that may not happen! LOL

Today we went swimming and laid out in the sun. The water was kind of chilly when you first got in, but after you got used to it, it was nice for swimming. I stayed in the water about half an hour or so. There were quite a few people at the pool.

Well, I am enjoying relaxing this evening. It's nice to know that I don't have to get up and go to work tomorrow. The problem is that it is hard for me to not think about work when I'm on vacation. I will try, though! The good news is that I got everything done before I left on Friday, so I am not all that concerned. I've got a lot to do tomorrow to get ready. I have some errands to run, and last minute laundry and packing to do. Since our plane leaves in the middle of the night, I have LOTS of time to do it. I have to go to Costco, so I plan to get up in time to get over there right when they open so I can get in and out without fighting a big crowd. I plan to get gas while I'm there, too.

Well, I need to get off of here now. I'm not sure we're taking the laptop on the trip, so if I don't get a chance, I may not post again until we return. I'll take lots of pictures.

0 comments: