Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Blog 365 Post #2: Jan. 2, 2008

Well, a quick post tonight before bed. Got to get in my post for the day!

Today was my first day back at work after 11 days off. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! I plunged right back in, with several projects to get off the ground. We have our Friends of WTC Dinner on Feb. 28th, the Spring Newsletter to get out in late March, the Taste of the Foothills Tour fundraiser to put together for late April, and then also doing safety stuff, getting ready for our CARF accreditation survey this coming fall, helping Do-It Leisure with a grant, blah blah blah. Busy busy busy! But it's job security. And after 11 days off, I came back to it today with a fresh perspective and a good attitude. I really enjoyed myself today, and that hasn't happened for awhile. I've been so stressed with so much work and no break. This was a much-needed and very helpful break. And it was perfect, too, because I was between projects, so there was nothing at work that worried me while I was gone. Whew! It was great. I definitely have to do that again this next Christmas.

Today, when I got home from work, Bill surprised me with a treat -- we went out to dinner at Chili's! Mid-week, no less! It was great to have that treat the first day back from vacation. What a sweetie! Then we went to Penney's, where he bought two pairs of jeans and two flannel shirts with the gift card my folks gave him for Christmas. Then we went to Key Jewelers and had my wedding rings cleaned and inspected. Boy, they're all shiny now! I really need to remember to take them off when I put lotion on my hands. It's just that sometimes my fingers are swollen and I can't get 'em off. We saw a beautiful journey diamond necklace while we were there. It was $600!!! YIKES! Besides, I have a beautiful three-stone diamond necklace Bill gave me for Christmas two years ago, and I LOVE that. It was fun to browse, though.

Then we went to Wal-Mart, where we spent our gift cards there. We each got new toothbrushes, I got some new kitchen towels, Bill got three new pair of work pants, and we bought Scott some kitchen towels and laundry soap for his new apartment! He and some buddies moved into their own place last weekend. Yahoo!! I'm excited for him, and for us! Now, if we can get Mark to get all his stuff out of the spare room and give up his key; that would be wonderful! Maybe someday soon.

Well, we're tired from working and then running around, so I will get off of here. Hope everyone's first day back to work this year was wonderful!