CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Negative comments . . .

It's funny, but I always am eager for new comments. I have always allowed anonymous comments, never turned on the comment moderation, because I wanted to welcome comments. I know that others have had mean people leave mean comments, but I hadn't ever experienced that before. Recently someone saw my blog that decided that it was terrible. Well, okay s/he thought I was a terrible person for some of the things I had written. S/he left the comment anonymously, which of course says something about him/her. It's funny how much something like that hurts -- that someone who doesn't even know me can decide to hurt me with his/her words. I have a feeling it was a male, but we'll never know. At any rate, I deleted the comment and have since disallowed anonymous comments, and have turned on comment moderation. I hope that doesn't discourage those of you with positive things to say from commenting, but I felt it was something I had to do. It's like my mama always said, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." And that's all I have to say about that. The negative, chicken commentor doesn't deserve any more of my energy. To use a turn of his/her phrase, nothing smells more than the scent of a pretentious hack. 'Nuff said.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I finished up my Christmas shopping and wrapping. Feels good, that. I actually have a few more small things coming on Thursday via UPS (read: slow boat from China!) but those are small gifts for the clerical staff here at work that I depend on for, well, clerical support! :-) So I will have to wrap those. I also got some packages off via FedEx on Saturday. I had forgotten to include one small thing for each of Bill's girls in their big packages that we sent off earlier, so I got those sent. I also sent Nancy, my BFF from high school, a birthday gift, as she is the first in our circle of friends to turn the big 5-0!!! Her birthday is on Christmas. YIKES. I sent her a couple of cards, too. I hope she enjoys them. Bill went shopping on Saturday, too, and how I have some interesting presents under the tree!!! Fun!!! I can't wait for next week, in more ways that one -- the first one being that I have the whoooole week off work, plus two days. This Friday, the 21st, is my last day of work this year! I don't have to be at work again until Jan. 2nd! Wooohoo!! I am so very excited.

Yesterday I didn't do a whole lot of anything. Spent it relaxing, reading, napping -- all that kind of stuff. Felt good!

Well, I'd better get to it; I've got a lot to accomplish this week before being gone for a week and a half. Did I mention I was excited?!?!? Hee hee

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

1 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

I have some doozies myself, so I totally understand.

Thanks for volunteering to whore your loot with me! It's gonna rock!